Week of 8/28/2017 In Review
I didn’t watch MTV’s Video Music Awards this week but I was happy to hear Kendrick Lamar won the big award and staying true to his persona, gave a ‘humble’ speech. I caught some of the perfomances on Youtube but nothing really blew me away. The Katy Perry performance was weird. Waaaay too much basketball imagery, HA. Here is what I did catch that I think is worth noting >
- Hard rockers Mastodon gave us the first glimpse of an EP being released in September. Check out “Toes To Toes”
- Robert Plant released second single “Bones of Saints” off upcoming new solo album
- Death From Above 1979 dished 3rd single off upcoming new album. I think “Holy Books” is the best of these singles so far. That intro riff is gold. Bummer its only paid in the intro.
- Love her or hate her, Taylor Swift’s new gimmick is pretty interesting and, so far, very entertaining. She released a video for her new single “Look What You Made Me Do”
- Kendrick Lamar performed a medley of hit singles at the VMAs
- And last but not least, the new Foo Figthers single “The Sky Is A Neighborhood” was given #MTSongoftheWeek honors on the site this week.